Wednesday, November 01, 2006

#1 - Bridgitt / Emily / Katie

So sometime in the past few days, I don't remember when, someone was telling me about how Kristen Adams posted about one person she's thankful for every day for a while (sorry if that's not quite right, it's all I remember :] ), and I thought that's a really cool idea. So I think I'll try something like that myself. Every day from now until Thanksgiving, I'm going to try and post one person, group of people, or thing that I've been blessed with. Hopefully it'll result in me being more optimistic and aware of God, and you might just get filled in on something I always talk about and never take time to explain. You might even be featured :]... problem being I only have room for 23 !!!!



So I'm starting off today with (from left in the picture) Bridgitt Elizabeth, Emily Ann, and Kathryn Rae (and me :]), probably the three most amazing people I know. I've known them since I think thrid grade when we all ended up in the same ballet class. In fifth grade, Emily, Katie and I were all thrown into a more advanced class, and being the youngest ones we stuck together. Bridgitt came up into that class in sixth grade, and for a year or so none of us could stand her because, in all honesty, she was the biggest teacher's pet you can imagine :]. She grew out of it, or maybe we did, either way the four of us became a tight-knit group by the next year. Of course, at the end of that year (seventh grade), Emily had to choose between going to CVCA the next year or continuing ballet, and she chose CVCA. I saw her maybe four times through all of eighth grade :[. Then I left ballet at the end of that year, and since then, the four of us have all been together exactly twice, once in August and once last night- we dressed up as characters from Mary Poppins and passed out Halloween candy. And that's how we know we're really cool :]

Our circumstances aren't the greatest for hanging out, but these girls have taught me what true friendship really is. We've never actually had a spiritual conversation, but there's that connection when we're all together... the worn-out Bible next to Bridgitt's bed, the cross with Proverbs 3:5 hanging beside it that greets you at Emily's house, the drawings Katie and her siblings did of the fruits of the Spirit on their fridge. I can tell them anything, because they don't know the people my situations involve, and trust them to give me fair, godly advice. Friendship is when you can come back together after months of being at different schools with different friends and laugh and talk like nothing's changed, because it really hasn't. It's when you find out that you really don't have any friends or anything in common to discuss and you can still talk all night. We're all still ourselves and we're still held together by the love for dancing that brought us together in the first place. So, I guess God has used them to teach me that some things never change :]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home