Sunday, January 21, 2007

zip... zip... BONG !!!

ahhh so Camp Chris was amazing!!! Way more fun than it should've been allowed to be considering the whole Ellen situation, which went pretty well despite a little discussion that turned into her half-yelling into Brittany and I about how she wasn't trying to change our beliefs, just "Catholicize" us or some bunch of crap like that. So I spent an hour Friday night feeling worse than I've felt in a looooong time, but I found out that people like Ellen are actually few and far between.

I seriously met the best people ever in Julia, Gabby, Emily, Jon, Aaron, and Kristina, and the rest of the OLV team reminded me why I love them in the first place by being the funniest people I know and understanding Brittany and me after Ellen came so close to ruining the weekend. And I got to know three seventh-graders throughout Saturday (Ali, Arinn, and Alyssa), shared a little of the gospel with them, and have already been back in touch with them.

So all in all, meeting every Tuesday and dealing with the letter situation and everything were more than worth it. I remember feeling like I was going to war on the drive there, and I guess I kind of was, but I'm so glad I didn't just refuse to go. God brought one of the best weekends in a long time out of my first big battle with persecution- and honestly, if suffering brings so much laughter, so many new friends, and so many open doors, bring it on :].

And I can't just stay the course
Keep my hands on the wheel
All our detractors were right
My head's like a kite
And all my thoughts run astray...

1 Comments:

Blogger B r i t t n e e said...

i soo agree with you rosie i'm glad we styck it through it was a blast no doubt!

1/22/2007 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home